Pad Ka Pao – spicy stir-fried prawns with Thai holy basil
Hi Guys, Guess what, today I want to share with you, my favourite famous Thai Dish, that’s just a little bit spicy and is loved by Thai and Foreigners alike.
Pad Ka Pao one of many famous dish in Thailand. You can find it on most any food stalls in food street corners, Choose either seafood, prawns, minced pork or chicken and they can make you a dish to your taste.
If you can’t find the time to come to Thailand then pop down to your local food supplier and make this in your own kitchen. It’s so easy to make here is a basic recipe, but you can add your own flare and create your favourite version.
The main ingredient in Thailand is Holy Basil (sometimes hard to find , whrere I live in New Zealand) so you can easily substitute Sweet Basil which will do the trick to tickle your tastebuds. Oh lets have some fun, here is the ingredident list.
Protien( choose one either Prawns, Minced Chicken or Pork)
- 1 Tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic around 3-4 cloves
- 1-2 packages holy basil or sweet basil, I love basil so I will have 2 packages
- 1-2 tablespoon mince fresh chili depend on how hot you want the dish to be
- Cooking vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Little bit of sugar to add a taste
- Mince garlic and chili together
- Clean and pick holy basil leaves from their stems
Set wok or pan to high heat add oil until hot.
Add mince garlic and mine chili together stir fry till fragrant
Drop the Protein in and stir until the meat almost done.
Add fish sauce, oyster sauce and sugar
Add holy basil. Quickly mix the leaves with the meat and then remove from the heat.
Serve hot with rice and slice cucumber to decorate or add fry egg on top oh yum!
Have you try this dish?