This simple crochet slouch hat is classic yet chic to wear and easy to match with any outfit.
I love good slouchy beanie hats because you can’t go wrong with this classy style that makes u look instantly cute the moment you put them on and they keep your head warm at the same time.
Beginner-friendly crochet slouch hat pattern.
This easy beanie crochet hat pattern has a slightly slouchy style and is super easy to make. The simple double slouch hat is crocheted from top-down with no sew. How cool is that?
If you are new to crocheting a beanie, do not worry, you can crochet this hat perfectly.
All you need is basic crochet stitches like double crochet and single crochet because the entire of this slouchy beanie is made from double crochet stitch, and the brim is just all single crochet stitches that all you need to make the hat.
Which is the Best yarn for crochet beanies?
- Cotton yarn: In this pattern I use 100% cotton yarn because I mostly have a good amount of cotton yarn in hand and cotton is perfect for hot and humid weather like Thailand.
- Acrylic yarn: Polyester fiber yarn is a great option for the best value yarn and is perfect to keep you warm in the cold month.
- Wool yarn: wool yarn is out of my league, which means I am on a tight budget … lol…and I always want to use them more often; they are the best to keep you toasty warm and feel luxury mmm…..Are you agree with me on this?
- Overall: you can use any kind of fiber content yarn for this easy crochet slouchy hat pattern just in dk weight or 4 medium is fine.
Are you craving more easy crochet slouchy beanie hat free patterns to make?
Supplies & materials.
- I used cotton dk weight yarn/3 light or 4 medium weight yarn is also perfect.
- 3.0 mm crochet hook
- 3.5 mm crochet hook
Skill and abbreviations.
- (American crochet terms)
- You will need to know how to make
- Magic ring or adjustable ring.
- sc, which means single crochet
- dc, which means double crochet
- ch, Chain
- slip knot
- Gauge: 3 crochet stitches x 3 rows = 1 square inch
This pattern is made for beginners! There is a basic skill level required to make.
Finished Size Approximately: one size fits all adult
- 10.5 inches wide
- 11 inches deep, including the band.
Simple double slouch hat free crochet pattern instruction.
You will work from top to bottom, picking up 3.5 mm hook
Round1. Make a magic ring or adjustable ring and 7sc in the ring (7 sts)
Round2. 2dc in each st around (14 sts)
Round3. *dc in next st, 2dc in next st*, repeat from * around (21 sts)
Round4. *dc in next 2 st, 2dc in next st*, repeat from * around (28sts)
Round5. *dc in next 3 st, 2dc in next st*, repeat from * around (35 sts)
Round6. *dc in next 4 st, 2dc in next st*, repeat from * around (42sts) .
Round7. *dc in next 5 st, 2dc in next st*, repeat from * around (49 sts)
Now we are going to make a band continue from round 20.
Fasten off and weave in end. All done!
Now you have your own slouchy hat! I hope you enjoy it.
If you make one, I would love to see your creation. Tag me on Instagram!.