Free Amigurumi Frog pattern ( Mr.Frog )

Meet! Mr.Frog. He is perfect for anyone who love all thing froggy.He has a big smile on his face and will bring a happiness to your home.

free frog amigurumi crochet pattern by jennyandteddy.com

Finish Size
-Approximately 8 inch.
-Size varies depending on the size of yarn and crochet hook

*Of course you can sell the finished dolls that are made out of my original pattern*
For basic how to do magic ring,increase and decrease
 Skill and abbreviations
You will need to know how to make a magic ring or adjustable ring
-Single crochet (sc)
-Crochet increase (inc) which mean-make 2 single crochet in same stitch
-Crochet decrease (dec) which mean-Crochet 2 stitches together
-Stitch (st)
* = Repeat stitches from * to end of *
-Chain (ch)
-Slip stitch (sl st)
-change colour

Materials
To make you will need
1. Acrylic yarn, for this pattern, I normally used 8 ply
2. Plastic eyes with safety backing 7.5 mm (you can find it at any craft shop)
3. Polyester fiberfill for stuffing
4. Sewing needle and embroidery
5. Ribbon or button

Mr.frog free amigurumi pattern

frog ami

Crochet yourself Mr.frog.  He is easy to make and cute too. Full photo tutorial to show you exactly how to make him, as well as step by step instructions. Easy for beginner - perfect!

If you are not already a Craftsy member, then sign up for free first then you can download from my Craftsy page.  After login simply add the pattern to your card and then checkout - No Payment or address details are required as these are electronic patterns.

Let’s start with head Colour of your choice

You will work from top to bottom
Round1. Make magic ring and 8sc in ring (8)
Round2. 2sc in each st around (16)
Round3. *Sc in next st, 2sc in next st* and repeat from * around (24)
Round4. *Sc in next 2 st,2sc in next st* and repeat from * around (32)
Round5. *Sc in next 3 st,2sc in next st* and repeat from * around (40)
Round6. *Sc in next 4 st,2sc in next st* and repeat from * around (48)
Round7. *Sc in next 5 st,2sc in next st* and repeat from * around (56)
Round8-18. Sc in each st around (56)
Round19. *sc in each of next 5 st,dec 1* and repeat from * around (48)
Round20. *sc in each of next 4 st,dec 1* and repeat from * around (40)
Round21. *sc in each of next 3 st,dec 1* and repeat from * around (32)
Round22. *sc in each of next 2 st,dec 1* and repeat from * around (24)
Round23. *sc in next st,dec 1* and repeat from * around (16), then finish off and leave long tail for sewing. And stuffing polyester firmly.

Body colour of your choice

You will work from bottom to top
Round1. Make magic ring and 8sc in ring (8) blue
Round2. 2sc in each st around (16) blue
Round3. *Sc in next st, 2sc in next st* and repeat from * around (24) blue
Round4. *Sc in next 2 st,2sc in next st* and repeat from * around (32) blue
Round5-11. Sc in each st around (32) blue
Round12-20. Sc in each st around (32) green
Round21. *sc in each of next 6 st,dec 1* and repeat from * around (28) green
Then finish off and leave long tail for sewing. And stuffing polyester firmly.

Arms colour of your choice

Make 2 pieces
Round1. Make magic ring and 8sc in ring (8)
Round2-14. Sc in each st around (8)
Then finish off and leave long tail for sewing. And stuffing polyester.

Eyes. Make 2 pieces (colour of your choice)

Round1. Make magic ring and 7sc in ring (7)
Round2. 2sc in each st around (14)
Round3-6. sc in each st around (14)
Finish off and leave long tail for sewing. And stuffing polyester.

Pink dot. Make 2 pieces (colour of your choice)

Round1. Make magic ring and 6sc in ring (6) and join with sl st. Leave long tail for sewing.

Legs colour of your choice Make 2 pieces

You will work from bottom to top
Round1. Make magic ring and 6sc in ring (6)
Round2. 2sc in each st around (12)
Round3. *Sc in next st, 2sc in next st* and repeat from * around (18)
Round4. Sc in each st around (18)
Round5. *sc in each of next 4 st,dec 1* and repeat from * around (15)
Round6. *sc in each of next 3 st,dec 1* and repeat from * around (12)
Round7-10. Sc in each st around (12)
Then finish off and leave long tail for sewing. And stuffing polyester firmly.

Shirt strip (blue). Make 1 piece

Start with 20 chain or more to adjust to fit you frog body and finish off leave long tail for sewing.

Finishing
Sewing eyes to the head and body to the head.Then arms and legs.

Mr.frog free amigurumi pattern

frog ami

About jane

Jane is the founder and author of jennyandteddy.com. she love all things cute, like to baked yummy goodness. Jennyandteddy.com is a place where she can shared her easy DIY project, craft, crochet and simple life.

Comments

1. Multibeavo says:

super cute!!! thanks for sharing!!!

2. Thank you.I hope you enjoy to making him.

3. Sandra Danae says:

So Cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. He is just so darn cute.
    Teddie

5. awesomenesss!!! I will try to make this :) love your blog thx 4 sharing

6. Olá Lu,
    Fofura, com certeza vou tentar fazer.
    Obrigada por compartilhar.
    Bjs
    LelÊ

7. Kitty says:

Hey! I just came across this patter from Ravelry (I have just joined and still trying to find my way around!). I LOVE HIM!!!!! I am going to try and make him once I've finished my next project :-) Thanks for sharing! Kitty x

8. me encantó tu ranita, te quedo preciosa!!! felicitaciones!

9. dvlheart says:

I just finished making this little Guy… he's adorable. Great instructions and pattern!!

10. Too cute! Thanks for the instructions!

I'd love for you to link up to our Crafts for Under Twenty Somethings Thursdays! It's a party specifically for all things kids and teens, so your post would be perfect!!

Melanie

11. Beth says:

Oh my! He's adorable!! I'll have to bookmark this….I just made my first amigurumi this week! Wanna see?

And of course, I'd love it if you linked him up to my party :-)

12. dancinbabee17 says:

How did you sew on the mouth? (The red yarn)… Did you sew it on before the rosey pink cheeks?

13. jane says:

So sew it on before pinky cheek.

14. anonymous says:

Hi. This is adorable! I was wondering by row 7-8 should the sides be wavy? or should it still be flat? I have counted all my stitches and they are all right.

15. jane says:

if you mean row7-8 of the body? the shape will be circle.

16. anonymous says:

yes. it is a circle but the sides of it are wavy. i am using a size g hook

17. sue says:

i was wondering what hook size you used on the pictures. :) i am using size e hook.

18. jane says:

i use 1.50mm hook but you can use any hook size to make Mr. frog , just the finall size will be bigger if you use bigger hook.

19. jane says:

how many stiches you got at the end of round7-8?

20. Emma says:

I’ll be making it in camo colors first i think… make it mr toad! lol I also have spring green, and can make it out of that, but it will be much smaller as it’s just sport weight yarn! :D thanks for the pattern~

21. jane says:

Oh I love your spring green colour he will came out so cute.

22. ShellyH says:

Could you give instruction on how you did the mouth? I can’t quite figure it out by the picture. He is very cute and I have decided that my new grandson will be into Frogs and Mr. Frog will be the perfect addition. Thank you for sharing!!

Shelly

23. jane says:

HI Shelly,
    thank you so much for stopping by my blog, for make the mouth just use yarn needle to sew the mouth with pink colour yarn. Hope this help.

24. Astrid Der Kinderen says:

Hi, I love your pattern of mr Frog. I have a question since this is my first amigurimi. After I finished the head I don’t know which side to put on the outside and I really can’t tell from the pictures. My second question is when you did the decreases to use one or both front and back loop. Sorry for maybe asking silly questions but it really is my first.

Thank you !
    Astrid

25. jane says:

Hi Astrid,
    the side that look nice will be outside for decrease use both loop front and back.
    Hope this help
    jane

26. Astrid Der Kinderen says:

Hi.
    Yes thank you! It really helped. My very first amigurimi.

27. carla says:

dank je wel voor het leuke patroon, hij zal gaan zwemmen in nederland

28. jane says: